Special Perform by: Sullivan.W

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Me & The Pole

My 1st approach the pole was a friend's invitation for a demo class. She wanted to learn the Pole Dance and asked me for accompany, only.



At first, I was just an accompany. As I only heard Pole Dance before and never see with my own eyes. Once I saw the instructor's muscle, it does attract me to know more about pole dance. Is Pole Dance only a dance of seducer?

That moment I was struggled in muscle built, for my tough journey coming in next year to the North Pole side. However, I couldn't find my interest in the gym room.

I like to dance, but I'm too short with my body length to a dance. I learn the international ballroom dance and street dance before, I'm pretty like to move with music. Maybe I should try once in my life, I mean the Pole Dance. The studio only female learner & instructors, that's a little help for me, it's quiet embarrassed to dance in front of guys. I need to built up my muscle and confident at the same time as well.

Dancing is a good sport no doubt, I shouldn't put on my color glasses to the Pole Dance which need a lot of strength to practice. I have such a narrow eyes to the world.

I won't denied that my parents will not like me to learn the Pole Dance, especially my father. Therefore, I learn quietly.

At the beginner stage, I found my body isn't flexible enough for all the movement. The friction between body and pole cause bruises on the body. Legs muscle pain due to over stretch. Hands become dry and rough... I never know all these until I get in.

 

When I finish my beginner and comes to the Intermediate 1, I just begin my nightmare.

I used to sign up 2 classes for 2 hours practice in order to built the muscle. I signed up Intermediate 1 & Technical 1 after my beginner pole & slap classes.

Bruises, muscle pain start everywhere of my body. I can even feel the pain in my dreams. In my first Intermediate 1 class, we start learning the upside down posture, that is my collapse point in my Pole Dance class. Look surround, everyone can do beside me. No matter how hard I try, I still can't get my strength to flip up. I didn't participate in the final performance and decided to retake the class.



Every semester we have different song even in the same level I stayed. The instructor really put their effort on the choreography works. I do like most of the song. For this semester, I had give up my Technical class to Pole Grooves. According to the instructor, it is mostly song dancing class. 
  

5 months after, I can even full split my legs, enjoy the happiness and pain. Dec 2013 I finally take part on the Performance week, with 2 songs in Pole Grooves: 1) Dark Horse & Give It To Me & 1 songs for Int 1: Applause

After this, I decided to stop here and start my journey plan...

Lady Gaga's "Applause" is the selected song for the Intermediate 1 Pole Dancer, my last practical song.


http://youtu.be/jgp9mOU5Dzc
My 'Applause'

http://youtu.be/a1RJLwuIsgY
 Youtube Pole Dancers 'Applause'

Don't said so certain when you don't know the full picture. The good and bad thing is depends in what is in the mind, not the nature thing itself. I used to be misunderstand by others, but sometimes, I couldn't care that much >.<

No comments: