Special Perform by: Sullivan.W

Sunday, May 18, 2014

3rd May - Copenhagen Tour

I like Denmark's train service, more space and clean
They even allow for pet & bike aboard
Just a little bit unfriendly use for me when I wanna purchase ticket from the vending machine with my signature credit card


I had check the whole week weather report for the tour and decided to make it today
The report shown whole week will be the raining day and this the only sunny day >.<

Initially, I would like to take a tour to Andersen's childhood hometown - Odense (Funen), but it will take about 1.5 hour to arrive there from Copenhagen main train station, I'm kind of run out of time as I arrived the main station by 2pm.
I'm not only to visit the town but the most important is the Andersen's museum!! And due to the spring they will only open business until 4pm
Give up the walk to Odense immediately and go to my plan 'B', the Frederiksborg Slot which located at North Zealand (30km northwest of Copenhagen) - Hillerød
Took me about 30mins by train to arrive there~


From the book I referred, Frederiksborg Slot is an impressive Dutch Renaissance castle in Scandinavia


Part of the castle were ravaged by fire in year 1859, Carlsberg beer baron JC Jacobsen spearheaded a drive to restore the castle and make it a national museum

Frederiksborg Slot evolved during early 18th century as a royal hunting lodge

 

I really like the fountain with statues

It's Poseidon on top of the fountain


Its present-day role is as the royal family's summer residence and number-one party palace


This also where the wedding reception of Crown Prince Frederik and Australian Mary Donaldson took place


The castle was built in the first decades of the 17th century by the legendary Danish King Christian IV and incorporates the best of Renaissance architecture and craftmanship




The basement are modified to a costumes exhibition room



Experience to write with a quill and ink?


How is my handwriting?








I don't understand why all the royal's costumes have a big belly?
Are all the women used to drink beer last time?
Or the big belly reflected good looking or fashion in 18th century?


Finally, I found the only one costume without the big belly that I would like to put on

It's a costume of a noble daughter


The sprawling castle has a magnificent interior, with gilded ceiling, full wall-seized tapestries, royal paintings and antiques








What a beautiful cupboard







Who's harp here??


Rest room for the queen


The queen's toiletries




The elevator shown clearly every floor for different century exhibition room


The richly embellished Riddershalen (Knights Hall) and the coronation chapel, where Danish monarchs were crowned between 1671 and 1840, are well worth the admission fee


The enchanting location in the middle of the Castle Lake, surrounded by the Baroque Garden and romantic landscaped gardens, makes Frederiksborg Castle a unique place for superb cultural experiences



Can you see the swan in the lake?
It's a fake one, but it does embellish the picture


The Baroque Garden just right in front of the castle





In between the Baroque Garden with another, there's an artificial waterfall which I believe doesn't appear on last century as its look pretty new in the structure
Wild life play an important role in an open garden, its make people more attached to the surrounding
And the duckies here seem enjoy the environment




The castle management plant and name all the flowers here


I wish to just take a nap here


The Castle closed at 5pm
But the visitor can take a walk at the garden behind the castle without time restriction


It's the first castle in Scandinavia impressed me that much, I didn't feel that much while visit the Royal Palace of Sweden even


Back to the train heading back to Copenhagen for my next tour
The whole city is encourage to travel with own bike, you can rent a bike and bring it along with you to the train. Ya, there's special ticket for those biker of cause


If you like to be quiet during a journey, consider sit inside the silent zone
I always sit in this area as there's nobody will talk with me even I sit in the normal zone >.<


Next destination -  Nyhavn
The city that Andersen have all his story came out 


Nyhavn built to connect Kongens Nytorv to the harbor, the mast-flanked Nyhavn canal was long a haunt for sailors and writers, including Hans Christian Andersen, who lived there for most his life at, variously, numbers 20, 18 and 67


Most of the boats here are not for sail but a mobile shop, like a painter shop or a coffee shop


I think people kinda keen to practice the 'Love Lock' in Nyhavn ^o^
Might I remind here, Nyhavn is a city famous with Fairy Tale like the Tivoli and Mr Andersen
Don't you wish your love are a fairy tale?


The Royal Danish Opera and the run away yellow boat T.T
I need the boat to bring me the place where little mermaid

 

No choice, I try to walk there
Bypass a garden plant with all white tulips~


Failed to get the Little Mermaid and I walked back to Nyhavn



There's a canal tour from 10am - 5pm daily
I just missed the last tour, well, I have no plan to take the canal tour actually, I just hope the boat can bring me to the Little Mermaid


The kind boat driver lead me to the end of harbor for the yellow boat
However, the yellow boat have his last tour on 6pm, and I arrived there about fifteen to seven >.<


I decided to return Copenhagen Main Station for my last visit journey today - The Tivoli
On my way back, I can see the 17th century Vor Frelsers Kirke
To visit the church is free admission fee, but will cost DKK 35 to go up the tower
Climb the 400 steps of the church's 95m-high spiral tower is spectacular

The problem is....


I'm that far away from Vor Frelsers Kirke
I think I don't have much energy to walk over there for the impressive baroque altar and the breathtaking pipe organ
As it's about to 8pm now, it's nearly impossible to climb up the tower




People in the train can eat, drink, chit-chat and even online with provided wifi (need to have a Denmark's register phone number for free registration)


It's about 9pm when I arrived the main station in Copenhagen
Luckily it's spring now, the sky are going to dark about 10.30pm, buy me some time to visit Tivoli


It ain't Disneyland but the inspiration of Mr Waltz Disney to have Disneyland after he take the tour to Tivoli
This Copenhagen's iconic amusement park has been winning hearts since 1843


Tivoli's numerous open-air performances are free of charge
I just buy an admission ticket for a walk with DKK 99 (SGD22.8 / RM58.8)
Not fun at all if play alone doesn't it?



Don't panic, it's just a fake tortoise ^o^


I choose to visit Tivoli at last because it's open up to 12am midnight
And I'm going to meet Flemming at Copenhagen when 11pm for a ride to home



 

This a funny game, pay DKK 10 for a try to escape under the lasers by sneaking on the floor
The mission is to activate 2 yellow checkpoints and the ultimate goal is the red buzzer

After the game, your used time for the game will display on the monitor outside to compete with others player
I didn't take the game although it's look fun >.<
Now I realized why people will not come alone to visit the playground


No matter how wonderful the phenomenon you met, it's kind of boring if nobody to share with...


Surprisingly they do have the Chinese Opera show in Tivoli
But I just missed the show time >.<


This is the hall that used to have Danish soldiers patrol when day time

This is Alice's favorite toys
I'm not remember the name of these toy, it seems come a series~
According what label there, it's a large nutcracker
So it's crack the nut is it???
It's too expensive to get one, DKK 1195 it's about SGD 274.4 or RM 709.1 >.<


It's a restaurant on the boat

 

It's absolutely a new design for Tivoli
It couldn't be here since 18th century


Tivoli when 18th century

After here, I rush to the agreed station to meet with my host - Annalise & Flemming
I don't have a number to call
Failed access to the internet
All I rely now is the trustful and intuition between me and them

It's about 11.30pm I met with Flemming who seek me around the station
there's 2 exits in a station
Thanks for bringing me home~
I was exhausted after the whole day walk around the Copenhagen

No comments: