Special Perform by: Sullivan.W

Tuesday, May 06, 2014

11th & 12th - Farm Life Began at Sniberup

We start work at 8am ~ 10am (tea break)


10.20am ~ 12.10pm (lunch + nap)
2pm ~ 4pm (end of work)
Only weekday we work


This is seed for Roseneternell Vit


Roseneternell Vit blossom in summer


Trobörn introduce me how nice he tasted the hard bread with boiled egg
(Trobörn mean Bear from the Sky, don't you think he look like a bear?)


1st few days my main work is seeding
Trobörn bought the soil from organic soil supplier
The soil have no smell at all (I'm so sensitive with bad smell), clean and most important, no insect ^o^


Some seed are too small to plant with finger, need help from the tool
It's have different grade for different size of seed, quiet convenient to use
  

This a hatching machine


Trobörn add water to remain the moisture during hatching
  

This is chicks about a week old
The lamp is on for 24 hours to keep them warm



The hens house


Ya, the black color chick will look like them after a month
A mature hens like them start laying eggs after 6 months
Or, able to kill for eat after 6 months >.<


Hen only lay egg on nest
Trobörn put several box over there for the hens to lay their eggs


We collect the eggs after work on 4pm
1st time I do this really felt the hen laying a life, not an egg, it's still warm when I hold it in my hand
Well, you can said the eggs just came out therefore it's still warm
But I'm just so excited to collect the eggs everyday after works


Chicks just arrived to the world
A cruel world I should say


It's coming out!!!
Not all the eggs will come out the chick, about 80% is success only
After they just come out from the shell, they can stay in the hatching machine for not more than 3 days
According to Trobörn, they have enough food from the eggs in their body to survive for 3 days at least
After 3 days, they will go to the light box



Bigger seed more easy to work out


Curry rice, Onion egg & Soy sauce chicken (again)
No choice, little resources, limited recipe on mind, short of hand skill, please be considerate ^o^


Trobörn introduced me again the new favor of tea
Which is tee + concentrated orange juice + honey
Not Bad, I like it, but I will withdraw the orange juice ^.*


Bella, a lovely female German Shepherd dog
7 years old
A sweet accompany for an old man
One day I can't find Trobörn in the huge area of green houses, I kept calling his name but he never answer me... I visited all the green house but never see Trobörn, this moment, Bella called me~
Finally I found Trobörn sat on a low chair (no wonder I can't see him) with his ear walkman plug on =.=
Hey, can't you concentrate on work?
Really thanks to Bella lead me to him
Again, dog with sharp ears are really COOL~



Trobörn called these chicken the Keanu
Well knows that their name is Transylvanian Chicken
They grow in bigger size than others chicken and same for their eggs


Most of yellow chick is male (only Trobörn's breed chicken ya)


A life is coming out


Same time in the green house, the seedling are coming out
As spring is in the air


Hens are so busy in eating
They need to be feed 3 times a day
Luckily they are busy in eating, otherwise isn't easier to collect the eggs from them when some of them are still sitting in the nest (maybe they wanna help on hatching >.<)
They will bite me of cause when I approached to them for the eggs T.T


Finally I manage to shift from the attic to an office room
At least I no need to use the hair dryer keep myself warm all over the night any more >.<


No comments: