Special Perform by: Sullivan.W

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

10th May - Svanemøllen

This morning I almost not sleep properly as I need to pack all my stuff to Copenhagen stay 2 days with a Couch Surf Host who live in Svanemøllen

Again I can't buy a ticket when boarding at Kildedal and unfortunately there's a conductor aboard this time
But he let go on me and just ask me to buy the ticket from the station
Nice Danish isn't it?

My couch surf host is a Master student of Environment Science origin from USA
Consider I don't have a phone number to call, she gave me a really clear direction lead to her apartment

 
All I need to do is Google Map and snap the photo for reference (as I might don't have internet as well while I'm heading to her place)


Follow her direction and the map, I found her apartment and reached on time~
Feel thanks to smart phone again

I left Vicki apartment and began my tour in Copenhagen again
I met a huge mountain dog at Nørreport station




According to his master, this is a Great Pyrenees White Mountain Dog, name Marco (2 years old)
He never shower but only fur brush
The only and dull fur will drop or brush away and left the white and shinning new fur
I think only the doggy in Asia need to take bath so often >.<
Although Marco is huge but really friendly approach
What a nice doggy~ Really love big dog

I exchange the train from S-tog to Metro at Nørreport station and met the little sing contest at the entranc
It's about to sing a fixed song correctly in order to get a free train ticket for 2 zones in an hour
Well, it doesn't cover the place I wanna visit today >.<
but the song they sing is quiet nice ^.^


The Design Museum that I planned to visit located at Kongens Nytorv, same station of Nyhavn
Instead of turn into the Nyhavn on right but walk straight after the exit
Thanks for Vicki who borrow me her map, then I won't lost my direction


On my way to the Design Museum, I saw the court




The Amalienborg Palace just the opposite of the court on the road of Frederiksgade
It has been home to the royal family since 1794


Its four austere mansions surround a central square


The buildings are guarded by sentries, relieved at noon by a ceremonial changing of the guard



Just a same street walk down from the Amalienborg Palace, then I reach my 1st visit place today
The Design Museum



Seems like something under construction


A cake and a design book of the designer for my lunch
I can't use any word to describe how delicious the cake is... sweet but not so much, some nuts make favor when chewing and the cake itself are soft and fresh.... I'm melt into it

worth DKK 45 (SGD 10.4 / RM 26.7) for a cake and a glass of plain water
oh ya, I had forgot my water bottle this morning when I left the couch surf place >.<


This is the section of Cupboard Design






I like this cupboard, the hand craft carving works are incredible!



Even come with lockers for different compartment


 






I will choose American Walnut for cupboard, look calm and elegant 


This design somehow like Chinese carving works

 

Come to the modern design now
In fact is, the modern design just look ordinary to me


Impressed, they have a set of vanity of Queen from England


At the end of tour in the design museum, I realized that Denmark are famous with chair design only. Their chair and cupboard design began at 18th century
The furniture design is famous in Sweden with their IKEA, but they don't have such Furniture Design Museum to visit, as the they famous with modern furniture design, not the antique furniture design >.<


On my way from the Design Museum to the Little Mermaid, I will by pass a church


and a fountain


The fountain depicts the mythical story of the creation of the island of Zealand on which Copenhagen is located
According to Ynglinga saga, the Swedish kind Gylfi promised Gefjun the territory she could plow in a night. She turned her four sons into oxen, and the territory they plowed out of the earth was then thrown into the Danish sea between Scania and the island of Fyn (Funen) which the middle island between three island of Denmark.


Along the harbor to the Little Mermaid you can take a ride with the viking ship


I'm not really like the sad ending of Little Mermaid by Hans Christian Andersen
However, I'm like the story of Little Mermaid from Disneyland, especially the sound track
Anyway, I knew they are different ^o^ But the Little Mermaid of Andersen has inspired the Waltz Disney to create another better Mermaid ^o^


The weather is not good while I arrived there, it's about to rain soon
Luckily I still caught the chance for the picture with the Little Mermaid

After Kongens Nytorv Station for the Little Mermaid, I change to take the Metro toward Islands Brygge
The Metro here are similar with the MRT in Singapore, no pilot at all, unlike the S-tog, Regionaltog, Lokalbaner Regionaltog (tog here is Danish word mean train)


Arrived The Tietgen - A school hostel of IT-University


The whole building is a large cylinder with the protruded bay window design


I just sneak in while the electric door open by the students >.<


The overview of the internal building


They even use the protruded area for balcony, never waste any space



Few step away from the hostel, now come to the university


The University and it's hostel has been awarded with the best architecture design of Copenhagen



 

Today is absolutely my Copenhagen best building walk tour




The Bella Sky Hotel located at Bella Center
Same metro line just 2 station away from Islands Brygge, the tour is planned

 


Reach the top of the tower - 23th floor
For the overview at the sky bridge


I can see my next destination - the VM & Mountain Houses



Enter the floor number and you can choose if come by group or need wheelchair access, then the lift computer will choose the lift for you

Just before I wanna proceed my walk to the VM & Mountain houses, Vicki (my couch surf host) gave me a message to ask me join the EuroVision in City Hall
Vicki and her boyfriend Antti are so nice as they borrow me a phone sim card (said given by their university during a promotion)  for my convenient to contact with them when I wanna to go home, because their apartment is come with digital lock at downstairs, no key of the resident unit are not allowed to go in for safety purpose


Back to the Copenhagen main station, I decided to visit the VM & Mountain houses on tomorrow, as 8.30pm when I done in the Bella Sky Hotel
The sky will turned dark when 9.15pm


The EuroVision this year held in Denmark as the last year winner from Denmark
We have 26 songs from different country to count down



There's a lot nice song I like which like : Undo (Sweden), Hunter to The Stars (Switzerland), and Cliche Love Song (Denmark)





When this song came out then I realized the reason that DSB (Danish State Railway) launch the free of train ticket for song competition in public


We watched the EuroVision Live show in the open area of City Hall
Weather is not good at night as it even rain when they count up until song number 20th
But we stay for the final result to come out at 12am with all Euro countries vote count (37 participating countries) for the 26 broadcasters participant successfully make it in the grand final round
I'm lucky to have my winter jacket which waterproof to keep me warm under this cold weather in an open air place~


No comments: