Special Perform by: Sullivan.W

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

7th April - Overnight in the Train to Stockholm

I left Karim's hostel about 1.15pm for my bus taking at 2pm
Although the walk distance from the hostel to bus station just 15mins
But, after few times practice and self understanding, I knew I need double of the normal needed time

Along my way to the bus station, I kept asking the passerby of the street for the actual location of the bus station, and I did noticed most of them are not good in English =.= 
This really surprised me as I always thought Europe's countries at least able to communicate with common English, but it seems different in Finland, they prefer Finnish
Even their neighbor countries is Scandinavia, but Finnish is definitely sound different with Scandinavia's languages (Norwegian, Swedish & Danish)

The bus are going hourly from Kemi to Haparanda (Tornio for Swedish)
Just lucky I arrived on time and get the bus on 2pm to Haparanda for another bus transaction at 4.10pm


Just about to arrive Haparanda, we passed by a frozen river
I saw there's 2 ice machine cutter tractors are cutting the ice on the river
Wondering they might need the ice gone earlier for the boat or ship to come in
April suppose is the time for Spring, ice should be here anymore until May


A ferry has been frozen though out the whole winter about half a year at least >.<


The time on screen terrified me >.< 
As I remember I take the bus on 2 pm, it took 40 mins to arrive Haparanda Tornio, but the time schedule on screen showed 1.47pm only!!!
Wait a minute, Haparanda Tornio is consider the border of Finland and Sweden, yet it followed the time zone of Sweden
There's 1 hour behind of Sweden to Finland, therefore I'm not getting crazy after the long journey so far~
But my buses to Luleå will depart only on 4.10pm, what should I do between the gap of time???


Finally, I'm boarding the train in Luleå
But... why I have a seat not a bed? I think I have misunderstanding while purchase my ticket on line
Sigh, the VR train of Finland and the SJ Train of Sweden both needed One-Time-Password while I purchased it on line with my credit card =.=
It took me about 3 days to purchase the ticket as I need to ask help of my friend who can forward me the One-Time-Password once she received the text message from my bank to her hand phone
This process need to be done in 3 minutes
Despite of the time zone we have between me and Bernyce in Singapore, I really appreciated her kindness help offered to me

Why I need a hand phone for myself when I'm travelling country to country from time to time?
I have no better suggestion on any phone number allowed traveler to use in the whole Europe, if you do, please do not hesitate to contact with me IMMEDIATELY~ I can still purchase it right now
Otherwise, wifi is more than enough for me somehow ^.*


SEK 300 for a top-up from seat to bed
I'm hesitated about 5 mins regarding the upgrading, but I wish to do not exhausted during my journey
Whenever I will be
I really need a bed for a good sleep at least


A Billys pizza and an O'boy hot chocolate, I felt satisfaction ever~


It's my 1st challenge ever tonight
3 days never have wash my hair
A day skipped from a hot shower
The worst is, I'm having my menstrual suffer now

They have shower room for passenger of cause, kindly top-up with another SEK 300 please~
I'm just a poor backpacker, what do you expected???
And now I will soon becomes a stink-poor-vagabond
Although I'm not stink yet, but I really felt not comfortable at all (really admired to myself that able to bear the uncomfortable and I wish I won't need to break the record so soon)

Planned my journey and wrote something for memorable to distract my attention on the shower matter...


The only consolation of the train to me is 'I am the only passenger on this cabin instead of 6 people


I'm imagined myself in a hot shower soon after I departed Stockholm


Stockholm!

No comments: