Special Perform by: Sullivan.W

Sunday, April 27, 2014

5th April - Norway to Finland

Never forget to say, the ticket from Tanabru to Rovaniemi (Finland) cost Euro 92
I'm so embarrassed to give the driver (cum bus conductor) Nok 92 (about Euro 12) when I just get in the bus >.<
And I realized I am the only passenger in the bus
Cool! I just need a good sleep with nobody around ^o^


I had slept about 4 hours in the bus

The bus driver is so considerable, he gave me a pillow for my overnight sleep in the bus ^o^
Had you even gave the offer to have a pillow for better sleep while you are taking an overnight long journey bus?
Normally, for hygiene purpose, I will not sleep on a stranger pillow, but this is offer by good will, I accepted it without my second thought

According to Jørgen and Maria, Norway is surrounding by mountain which we can't find from Finland
When we saw the forest along the road and all the mountain gone, we are officially step into Finland~


Lost my direction to my Couch Surf Host place
I had walked about 40mins with my heavy luggage, until I totally exhausted, I choose to hitch-hike
It's easy to get people take you a lift when you hitch-hike in New Zealand, but it's difficult in Finland
I think there's not many hitch-hiker here and people here are poor in English, most of them speak Finnish
Out of the reason of communication, Finnish is friendly
After 15 mins, I successfully offered a seat by a father (he comes with his son) to my destination


Finally, we met
My host in Rovaniemi (Nhung Hong Do - a Master student in University of Lapland from Vietnam)


Under the encouragement of Nhung, I took a walk from the University hostel to the city
Why I need to get encouragement?
I'm a direction blind man, easy to lost my direction if the place I'm going to visit is not a straight road
That explain why I never get lost when I'm in New Zealand last time
A straight road from hostel lead me to the Angry Birds Park after 15 mins walking distance


Haha, I'm going to deliver myself to you, are your ready to see me?


At last only I know
Angry Birds is from Finland >.<
Nhung told me


On my way back I bypass this unknow place
The withered branches of the trees together with the statue in the middle of the garden are looked ghastly


The ice of the river is melting


Yup, the other side of the trees is a frozen lake



People here just make fun with putting a face for a tree
The eyes are adjustable, if, you are tall enough to reach it


On my way going home for a good sleep now
Tomorrow I planned to visit the Santa  Claus with my energetic look
By the way, on the road side there's many others passerby but none of them are wearing the safety vest as Norwegian did 

No comments: