Special Perform by: Sullivan.W

Wednesday, April 09, 2014

29th March - Swim in Kirkenes

Today is Saturday, no work for all of us~
Maria suggested to go swim in Kirkenes
As the car can bring only 4 person, Jørgen gave away his chance for me to go with Maria and the kids by staying at home for his leisure time
I need to buy myself a new swim suit, because I just throw away the old one after I get my Advance Open Water Certificate on 5th March
Due to the almost transparent of my old swim suit for about 5 years I bought, 
not because I like to have a new one =.=

Along the way we drove to Kirkenes, the reindeer are everywhere
Please be careful with them, as all reindeer in Norway are belongs to their owner
Their live in wild but they have owner, and all the owner are Sami
This is a traditional business of Sami people in Norway 


The owner will frequently check on their reindeer, whether lost or being killed by others
And they have the right to report the police if they lost their reindeer


The road is too shinning to us when the snow reflected the bright from the sun


My favorite flower!!!


In Norway's shopping mall or market, the cashier will not help you to pack your stuff, they will only divide your stuff on the conveyor and you need to pack by yourself once they finished the scanning and done the paid with you
What makes their job so simple? They don't need to calculate the balance of change but the machine will do correctly~


A Rice's dessert


Strawberry taste for me
It's milk with rice and strawberry jam
Well, taste not bad, it's taste good instead
However I felt weird as I know that's rice, a food we treat like main source of meal 
such like spaghetti


Swimming Pool's locker with the entrance card function as the key of the locker


Almost all indoor swimming pool have their own sauna


That's my new swim suit
Maria brought me to the cheapest shopping mall to get one
She wanna pay for me but I manage to pay by myself
That's my swim suit, not fair to ask them pay for me, although I'm their Work-Exchanger
but I'm the one who agreed to come with them at first
Maria is very kind to me as she know I have further to go with money


 The adult pool and jacuzzi 


A long slide on adult pool


The kids pool
All pool is come with warm water of cause
The adult pool will be colder than the kids pool
And the jacuzzi is the warmest one
The kids pool used to have some pool toys for kids
or a floater, a ball to make fun between the kids


 Can you see the view outside?
Snow cover the ground


This is the view of North Norway, the Finnmark~ for 8 - 9 months yearly
That's why they will always say they miss the Summer ^o^

Really thanks to Maria & Jørgen, always find something special to bring me along
Without staying with them, I might be bored and died in cold somewhere
A good host are not only appreciate what had you contribute to them or help them
but try to introduce you their culture, lifestyle, and custom
I like to backpack in this way, everyday have a little discover on the land and their people

No comments: