Special Perform by: Sullivan.W

Tuesday, July 08, 2014

28th May - Vestmannaeyjar

I'm not satisfied with the puffin I saw yesterday
Too few of them
I asked the local on my way back to Vicki's house yesterday regarding the time of puffin leaving their nest for hunting on early morning
Local people here might not speak fluent English as Vicki, because Vicki origin country is Canada, but Icelander are very helpful and kind, they told me the puffin are used to fly out at 10am. And I shouldn't be later than that time if I wanted to see them

Puffin flap their wings from 100 - 400 times per minute, is easily differentiate them from seagull even from far

 
 Nothing special but just puffin and me, don't expected too much for the video

 
Before I hike up this hill, on my way here I saw 2 tourists walking back from the opposite direction. I asked them whether they see any puffin here and they said 'No', all they saw just seagull everywhere in the sea, and they didn't climb up to the hill~ 
As I know, any animal or bird do have their territory, the place they saw the seagull must not have any puffin. 
Noticed they didn't climb up to the hill which I suspected there will have some puffin on the cliff, I decided to climb up the hill for puffin watch

It's a right choice to hike this little hill ^.^

 
I'm just too lazy to walk carefully, limited by the ferry time to catch
Let's have some fun XP

Vicki, Victoria - is my host in Vestmannaeyjar, which I never thought she can keep me as her guest while I send out my request to her in couch surfing websit, because she don't have any photo of her on her page and very minimum info she described in her page as well. Really thanks for her kind to keep me in her daughter's room

It's a lovely room that I actually felt the warm and kindness of human being
 
Vicki need to work from 8am - 5pm on weekday, but still she decided to host me and direct me to all interesting places nearby her home. One of it is the museum, well, somehow they name it as aquarium as well because there's some fish inside the museum 

In fact is, I paid for 1000kr to visit the museum only because Vicki said there's a puffin allowed visitor to pamper and touch ^o^

 


The Arctic Fox is one of the animal in the world extinct list
I never see any of them in live during my stay in Iceland
Only their wax here

Learnt that Icelander are killing puffin for meat is the cruelest thing I ever heard of them >.<

Never forget the odd Icelandic fishes here
Weird swimming style and unfriendly face


I was rushing like hell to the ferry port, as I have to wait for the cook make me a shrimp salad which actually cost me 1990kr (SGD22 / RM56)
There's a reason I went back to this restaurant for my take away lunch, as they cook for me day before at midnight 12am just after my puffin watch
I always remember who's treat me good and forget those who treat me bad

However, this made me a decision that I will never take any shrimp salad anymore in my life, what an awful taste 

I'm so lucky to hitchhiking a car just after I walk off from the ferry port. It's a UK's father and sons which going the same way as I do
They will stay a night in Vik, wish them have fun in Iceland

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

如果滑下山的时候多了一颗石头。。。你的屁股应该很high。。。=.=

Mun said...

我从同样的路走上来的,知道不会有石头
没错,有石头的话会很high一下,但是不比有羊粪high ^o^