Special Perform by: Sullivan.W

Sunday, July 06, 2014

26th May - Geysir

This morning I start hitch-hike for my destination today around 9.45am
I've checked the weather report for the whole week in South Iceland, today is the best day for outgoing, although it will have some showering and cloudy in south, but I have no choice as I'll leaving in 3 days later

The 1st driver who drove me to a town at Selfoss, about 2 hours away from my hitchhiking place in Vik
2nd driver brought me from the entrance road of Road 35, which is the road toward the Geysir that I wanted to visit
3rd female driver brought me to a half way in Road 35 as she will turn into a summer cottage in half way to pay her friend visit

4th driver brought me from half way in Road 35, where I lost my written card of the destination when I got into his car >.< unexpected that he brought me to the waterfall located in the middle way of Road 35. After that he dropped me in the half way of Road 35 as he will not continue his way to the geysir

 

I'm a bit worry not to get any driver to drive me to the geysir without my written board...
It's about three hours ago for me to visit the geysir from Vik
With only the hitchhiking gesture, I hope someone can stop for me, and finally a brother-sister of US stopped for me and asked my destination
Happily my destination are same with them ^o^
The summary is: 4 Icelander + 1 US traveller brought me to the Geysir with 4 hours in total journey
 
Iceland full with volcanol but only in Road No.35 have the Geysir which erupted in every 5 mins daily, that's the reason I visit here
 
 

Me and my US driver in Geysir



Founded in Geysir's souvenir shop
Just 100 kr for a tin of Fresh Iceland Mountain Air, who interested?

Haven't said yet, I took 6 times hitchhiking to go back Vik from 3.50pm after geysir visited
Able to reach home about 7pm
My last driver is an Italian who lived in Iceland about 7 years
And he knows Ragnar, my host!!! That's really surprised me
 
While reach home, I'm helping in the milking as usual
Ragnar brought me to running his and his brother horses into an open field
Witness to modern cow boys with their horses >.<

No comments: