Special Perform by: Sullivan.W

Sunday, July 06, 2014

27th May - Landeyjahöfn to Vestmannaeyjar

I start hitchhiking about 9.45am
Planned to reach Landeyjahöfn for the ferry on 1pm to Vestmannaeyjar

This is the longest time I ever have had before for hitchhiking in Iceland more almost 2 hours
I was about to give up if I never get any car for me to go Landeyjahöfn in 12pm
Understand that's really not many people pass by the road in Tuesday (working day), and mostly is tourist whom might not familiar with the place I written in my hitchhiking card...
If I can't get any car in 12pm, I might too late for the ferry in 1pm
At 12pm, I'm totally give up and decided to go home and hitchhike later at 3pm for the ferry at 7pm (what a big gap between 2 different ferry time schedule a day)
No matter how, I need to go in Vestmannaeyjar today
Because...
Another couch surf I've got in Vestmannaeyjar today
Not good to turn down the kind offer doesn't it? Especilly the offer that I asked for it >.<

Finally, a mother and her daughter from Wales (UK) reversed the car to give me a lift!
 Even they don't even know where I want to go, it's just few days they arrived Iceland for their 5 days holiday

Therefore, I'm finally reached Landeyjahöfn and get another car by hitchhiking again to the ferry port.

It's easy to get people at the entrance of road toward Landeyjahöfn as everyone turn into the road is to go the ferry port only ^.*

Thanks for the ladies from Wales ^.^
Thanks for all kind people in Iceland and nice driver from the world, I'm safe in Vestmannaeyjar eventually

Iceland famous Lamb Soup

Advice by Vicki - My Vestmannaeyjar's CS host, the only erupted volcano that enable people to walk up for visit is the one behind her house, what's a good news and bad news to me
The good news is, the volcano are very close and convenient to pay a visit;
bad news is I need to go even I'm not really like for moutain hiking T.T

Only selfy can distract me from the endless hiking walk >.<
Allowed me please...
 
 

 


  Although it's only 1 hour to climb up to the peak, it's took me half an hour in selfy
Can you see the Vestmannaeyjar city right down the mountain side?



The volcano erupted at year 1973, nearly 41 years ago, yet I can still see the steam evaporated from the mountain

The view from the top of mountain are magnificent, I do understand the feeling of a mountain climber who manage to conquer a mountain, but.... I need to admit I'm too weak to conquer a mountain >.<
People like me, suit to stay at the bottom of mountain for life

  
After the volcano, I went down to the city about 10.15pm
Never take a break, I need to catch up the time before sun down to climb another mountain for my favorite bird watch - Puffin
The Icelander call them Lundi

 
With my previous mountain climbing experience (just half an hour ago)
I manage to climb up to the peak in 20mins
 
Well, I need to admit, the puffin just went home rest well at the down hill cliff which I need not climb up to the peak looking for them
I'm just wondering, maybe there's still some more at the top of the mountain???
And I've proof that I was too wrong >.<


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

不好意思,看你爬到酱辛苦,我在银幕那边笑到很鬼大声!哇哈哈哈哈哈!你真的很搞笑下,爬到那么辛苦还要一面抓机,都不会先停下来哦?

Mun said...

不过拍48秒而已,我爬了有一小时,那48秒是为了纪念自己曾攀爬过火山... 你都不知我多孤单,一个人爬两座山,身边一个人都没有,真的是万一失足滚下山坡都没人知 >.<