Special Perform by: Sullivan.W

Saturday, July 12, 2014

1st June Reykjavik to UK

Never forget to mention yesterday night I knew a new friend from US by sharing a spaghetti with him for dinner
It's not easy to buy raw material of food just for one person, but we always like to share ^o^
Glad that he like my food as well
My Denmark's dorm-mate told me last night that he went to Hveragerði day before by hitchhiking to a nature thermal pool there
With his describtion and map guiding, I decided to visit it today, by hitchhiking of cause ^o^





So, this is the place

I walked into the village, and found that almost every places have vapor from the ground, but I just walk accordingly what has been taught

And I found this before I walked into the mountain
It totally convinced me that I'm in a right place

This is before I walked into the mountain


When I walked up to the mountain, the weather seems not going well...
Fogging cover all around the mountain

 
After 3 hours walking, I'm yet reach the 'Thermal Pool'
And I met a British father and son from the opposite direction, the father said: Is all mud in front, we went to the pool just now and I think is not worth to visit with this weather~

Finally, I decided to give up...
It's my first time to give up a made decision in this 3 months journey
I'm just too pity on my belonging with me
My only winter jacket is soaked, my only sport shoe is mudding, my body is cold and shaking...

I do check the weather report yesterday
I know it's going to be rain
Base on my 3 weeks experience, Iceland's rain is just like mist, will not have a heavy rain
However, it's different saying for mountain hiking
This the consequence I need to bear~ but I do have one person to blame on
My damn dorm-mate kept telling me it's just one hour to reach
Am my leg too short or he went there by flying? 
Everyone I met during the walk was told me is a long way to walk, but yet I choose to believe on him...
Totally beaten

Wash my poor shoe downhill with the thermal water

At least, I touch the water

Not totally go home with nothing
There's a cafe hut downhill
Just went in to away from the rain and eat something to warm myself

A Belgium couple I met in the cafe hut and they are really nice to take me a lift to get rid from the place >.<
They are one of the 'give up' hiker as well

I went back to the backpacker lodge and took my shower with what I had brought with me to the thermal pool
As I had checked out this morning, and I stored my luggage from morning until evening I went back for the airport transport I booked. The van will come and fetch me at 9.30pm in the backpacker lodge.
My US new friend are going to hitchhiking to the airport tonight, I will met him in Keflavik Airport and overnight in the airport

Yeshar Hadi and me
We helped each other to keep eye on our belonging

  
Try my best to dry them, at least not feeling damp and water dripping anymore

 
Witnessed this moment in the airport
What a women asked as simple as a show off in the departure hall
but, flower is a good ornament I will said ^o^

Finger cross for my UK trip~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

他们在做莫哦?我还以为是求婚。

Mun said...

不好意思,我省略了前半段 >.<
就是在机场看到人家带着一束鲜花在arrival hall等人,就想看看那人的女人长什么样、看到有人拿花来接自己又会有什么反应... 以上录影就是接到那女生后她所给的反应咯~
求婚要半跪的,这样是接机