Special Perform by: Sullivan.W

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

11th March 2010 From Tekapo Heading to Akaroa


The early morning we left Tekapo and pass by this Salmon Field (Tekapo Canal Salmon Farm) 
Sue & Mei said they are going to buy their breakfast & lunch over here. The salmon fish here is really fresh but I don't think I'm bear to eat them. If you study the character of the fish before, you might rather respect them than to eat them.

You can get to this farm on the way from Lake Tekapo toward Lake Pukaki. They are located at Canal Road, Twizel. I thought the river which contribute to this farm is flow from Tekapo to Pukaki, and finally I open the map found out there's no river connected between these two lake but the other which is Lake Benmore. Once again we thanks to the professor who draw the map~


Farewell with Tekapo, we are straight heading to Akaroa, the banks of Peninsula. We need to cross over Chirstchurch in order to reach Akaroa as that is only one way in.

Akaroa was established by French settlers just after the British colonisation of NZ, and the town still has a distinctly French charm. There are great cafes and boutiques along its streets, nice colonial architecture and restaurants serving French cuisine. Even the street names are French. The Akaroa Harbour is spectacular. Along the sea side, we pray for a little curious head come out from the water surface but we never see any. The Banks Peninsula today offers the visitor outstanding natural beauty and abundant marine life. I was pray for a dolphin.


I wasn't took many photo when I visited Akaroa, but my eyes were attracted by a memorial tower called The Glorious Dead. 

It's built to commemorate those who contributed their lives in those wars wrote in our history book. 103 lives sacrificed during World War 1.

7 men who gave their lives during the Anglo-Boer War, well know as South African War.


28 men who paid the ultimate sacrifice during World War 2


Behind all these sad memories, I did found an paint artist statue somewhere nearby the memorial tower
End of my visit in Akaroa, I think I did feel something different with others


I bet who ever happen to visit Akaroa will not miss him >.<

No comments: