Special Perform by: Sullivan.W

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

13 March 2010 - Kaikoura

We met Jason yesterday after the Hanmer Springs Thermal Pools. Today is a bright day for Whale sea tour.

Kaikoura is an ordinary town in an extraordinary setting. The centre is stretched out along a bay and against a backdrop of majestic snow-capped mountains. Most of its attractions are in the water. 


The ocean here is famous for its rich marine life, making this a popular place to whale watch or swim with fur seals and dusky dolphins. Wait! Are you kidding me to swim into the sea during Autumn? No way, I better keep my eye on the sea for the whale watch 


The Whale watch tour guide promise us to get 2 whales for sure to see, if only one whale we can see, they will refund us half of the total fees ^.^ which is NZD80++

 

The Kaikoura sea are able to compare it's beauty with Lake Tekapo, such clear water and high sky


After the whale watch and breakfast in a fast food restaurant, we walked to the bay looking for the seals. See? two of them having sun bathing right behind of me >.<


The harbour of Kaikoura look alike the mini size of Wellington' s Harbour. Yachts has occupied the bay


I really like this place, sunny & cloudy today. Blue sea along the bay and wind blow in slow, what a comfortable afternoon


Another side of bay is all the residents houses. And the highway is straight and long all the way to another town 


I get my money refundable on this afternoon as we only see 1 whale ^.^ And I buy myself a lobster meal right beside the road ^.^ As I mentioned before, this sea is rich of marine life~

No comments: