Special Perform by: Sullivan.W

Sunday, July 13, 2014

2nd - 4th June - West Coast of Scotland - Oban

Early morning I took 2 hours flight from Iceland to North British - Scotland (Glasgow)

When I arrived Glasgow airport customs, I'm a bit nervous
According to my date calculation, I'm writting on the boarding card declared I will stay in UK for 121 days
Quiet a long time staying for a jobless traveller like me
When I face to the officer on my turn, never surprise they will ask me few things like: a return ticket, my bank account records, my origin occupation, reason of jobless, UK's friends reference...
Honestly, don't try to fool the customs officer, they are smarter than you think because they face people everyday.

I have a train ticket to France, a bank book account record, an estimate budget for spending, clear motion of jobless and a friend's reference. I told them I'm expected to attend the August festival in Scotland as it's recommended by the friend who is going to host me.

They asked my details twice in another way round, try to figure out if I was lied. Even the friend's reference, they want to know more details between me and my friend.
Just like how we know each other, what's his work, where he stay...
Glad that I never intend to lie, I never like to illegal staying in U, and I never mention a word about 'Work Exchange', it's too new for them to understand
Just tell them you have bunch of friend to host you, proof them by telling them their details and living address will do

Finally, and they grant me 6 months visitor visa in UK after 20mins questioning~
I think, I will not easy to get pass if I go by London customs



Email guide from my 1st host in Scotland
A Backpacker Lodge in Oban

Thanks for Jode
who willing to write me a reference letter
Gave me the courage I need

I'm safe and entry UK now


 3rd June - A Farewell dinner for Natura

 We all here for work exchange, about 20 of us
Work-awayer from Spain, France, Netherland, USA, Italy, Japan, Malaysia and Taiwan
Spainish and Italian make almost all the food tonight

 
  

 



We share the money for food
Cook and clean the dishes ourself
This is a place for the world Backpacker
 
4th June - Oban
A place that I'm going to stay a month


Lovely coast line, wish my story here are sunny like the sunshine here ^o^



No comments: